Betschwar & Co respects the privacy and security of your Personal Information and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) pursuant to the Privacy Act. This internet privacy statement applies to the website which is owned and operated by Betschwar & Co.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you, or information by which your identity can be reasonably determined, as well as information recording Betschwar & Co’s dealings with you.
Examples of personal information are your name, address, email address, telephone/mobile number, property details, occupation, interests and any other information provided by you to Betschwar & Co.
Collection of personal information
The purpose of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you interact with Betschwar & Co’s website. This section will explain, in the broad sense, just how personal information may be collected via our website, and how this personal information contributes to the development of Betschwar & Co’s website.
When submitting personal information on some of our sites for the purposes of an enquiry, we will collect details such as your name, e-mail address and some details of your personal interests and needs. Some of this information is essential for us to be able to identify accurately who is using the service so that we may be able to respond to your requests and as such, is indicated by mandatory fields. Mandatory information requirements are clearly identified and are denoted by an asterix (*). You will also be prompted when submitting a form if mandatory data has not been completed.
Generally, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information when you:
- Send us your comments or suggestions;
- Create a link to Betschwar & Co’s site;
- Register for Betschwar & Co’s services;
- Subscribe to Betschwar & Co’s publications;
- Request sales and advertising information; and/or
- Submit an enquiry.
Use of Personal Information
Betschwar & Co uses your personal information as specified and for the provision of our services to you now, or in the future. The personal information we gather from your use of our website enables us to provide better services which are tailored to your needs. The personal information may be used as follows:
- Recording usage patterns for the purpose of data analysis in relation to Betschwar & Co’s Website. The information gathered for this purpose remains anonymous;
- Registering, amending or deleting your personal information, at your request
- To respond to your submissions, enquiries, feedback, ratings, comments or complaints;
- Communicating with you in relation to publications, marketing information and special events. Betschwar & Co will only record your email address if you subscribe to Betschwar & Co’s publications. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it.
- Analysing your personal information and conducting credit reporting checks, research, investigations and information broking;
- Third party concierge services relating to the property services provided by Betschwar & Co.
You may advise Betschwar & Co if you do not wish to receive (“opt out”) of any publications, marketing information or special events from Betschwar & Co.
Disclosure of Information
In providing your personal information you consent to us collecting, storing and using your personal information in the manner set out above, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information to our related bodies corporate and each of their officers, contractors, employees and agents who may collect, store and use your personal information in the manner set out above. Your personal information is not shared with any other related third parties unless explicitly and expressly communicated when you submit the information. The personal information is contained and access is restricted to Betschwar & Co’s authorised personnel only. However, where it is necessary for law enforcement purposes or where we believe there is threat to a person’s safety or health, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties as required by law.
Betschwar & Co acknowledges that you will click through to third party sites from our website and recommends that you refer to the privacy statements of the sites you visit. Betschwar & Co assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
Information is up-to-date
It is important that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us at any time to access or update your personal information or to tell us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Information and Complaints
If you require more information, or have any complaints regarding how Betschwar & Co may have collected or used your personal information, you may contact Betschwar & Co in any of the following ways:
Betschwar & Co
PO Box 6008,
Wollongong DC NSW 2500